Friday, October 28, 2011

MATINEE TRENCH



This is another splurge or damage (whichever way you want to look at it) I made during 25% OFF promotion. Matinee trench in Navy. I own an Icon trench in khaki from last year and very happy with it, however always miss a hood on it. I always seam to be running around either running errands, running to pick up my daughter from pre-K or running to Jcrew. So because I'm always on the go and in the car owning a rain coat with a hood makes it a whole lot easier for me not to carry around an umbrella so as to have my hands free.
This seams to be a perfect rain coat. It is cotton twill material which is very light, its dark color (perfect for running around) and it has a hood. It is a structured shape making it very stylish and is very well made. There is a lot of attention to detail. The trench has a "silver" hardware zipper closure with "silver" snaps, a waist belt and buckles at cuffs.
The fit I feel is on a looser side. I ordered my usual size in Jcrew coats and feel that I have just enough room to wear a sweater underneath. In comparison my Icon trench is the same size and feels snug compare to this fit.
Overall I think it is a very cute rain coat and I was very happy about getting a navy one being that it perfectly matches to my Burberry rain boots that have a navy outline. Yei!!!!

No comments: