Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Boat Blouse in Silk


My Jcrew store in GSP Paramus, NJ had these out for about a week already so I actually bought mine a week ago and it was love from the first sight for me. I bought the Boat Blouse in silk in classic Navy (wreath is a beautiful green as well but the color didn't agree with my complexion). I love this blouse. The silk is somewhat similar to Blythe blouse but softer if that makes sense. It feels VERY nice and soft to the touch. The cut is beautiful, with a puffy sleeve and a long arm, a back keyhole button closure. It is simply gorgeous in my opinion! I would definetly wear this blouse out for a dinner or a night out. Also as far as sheerness goes, it is not all that sheer as I expected. In the pics where I pair it with a skirt I'm wearing a beige/nude bra so you can see it shows thru somewhat but later I put on a black bra and the top wasn't see thru at all.
Here are some of my outfit ideas.

 Pictures #1 and #2 paired with a silk Jcrew skirt from a few seasons ago that I don't even remember its name anymore but loved none the less. Similar look can be achived with any of Jcrew pencil skirts especially for some interesting color combinations...


Pictures #3,4,5 paired with my beloved bi-stretch twill minnies in Black.
I found the Blouse fits true to size. I would NOT suggest to size up because this is my regular size in Jcrew tops (10) and it has that slouchy look to it, so if you would prefer a more fitted look don't be afraid to go down a size, especially if you are not big on top to begin with. I actually would want to try it in a size smaller when in store just to compare the fit and the length of sleeves. It's a definite A from me Jcrew! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Navy and silver - what a beautiful combination, I never wear blouses but this is lovely, I'm too messy to wear silk, I always have it marked within hours.